10 000 Nights in the Jungle
a film by Arthur Harari
Japan, 1944. Trained for intelligence work, Hiroo Onoda, 22 years old, discovers a philosophy that’s contrary to the official line : no suicide, no giving up, the mission is more important than anything else. Sent to Lubang, a small island in the Philippines where the Americans are about to land, his role will be to wage a guerilla war until the return of the Japanese troops.
The Empire will surrender a year later; Onoda, 10,000 days later.
- Feature narrative
- Written by Arthur Harari et Vincent Poymiro
- Directed by Arthur Harari
- A delegate co-production with Bathysphère Productions
- Coproduction with Pandora (Germany), Frakas (Belgium), Anti Archive (Cambodia) & Ascent (Italy)
- With the support of CNC – Cinémas du monde, Canal +, Arte
- Sales agent/Distribution: Le Pacte
Currently in post-production